Views : 2755
Published On : saturday 28 April 1393
The Museum of Kashan was built on the ruins of Nizam Al-Dawlah sanctum. This sanctumwas built in 1826 by Ali Muhammad Khan Sadr Isfahani (Fath Ali Shah's groom and ruler of Kashan), which was abandoned and ruined due to lack of proper maintenance and bad conditions. In 1958, with the participation of a group of prominent elders of Kashan and Natanz, a community called the Historical Conservation Association of Kashan was established in which it was decided to build a museum in the historical collection of the Garden of Fin to introduce the ancient culture of Kashan region. Following this decision, the construction of the museum was completed with the help and assistance of well-intentioned and interested people during five years, and a few years later, a porch with 17 columns was annexed by Master Haj AbolghasemGhalamani to the four sides of the museum until it was officially opened in 1967. The museum was temporarily closed for restoration in 2006 and reopened on 21 March 2011.
Kashan museum can be considered as one of the oldest museums in the country, which was designed and built solely for the creation of a museum and people of Kashancollected its objects.
The museum is located on the western side of the garden and is located on an area of 700 square meters and a building of 570 square meters. Its building has a square plan with symmetrical spaces inspired by Iranian architecture.
The museum is built in two levels of ground and underground, with the underground designed in a rectangular square plan and in three separate spaces for reservoir. Ground floor is used for theater space. The ground floor is four steps upper than the garden level which is accessible through the stairs and porch, the hallway and the museum hall. In the corridor space, the entrance to the underground (the museum's reservoir) is on the right and the control room is on the left. The showroom of the museum has several halls;the visiting rout starts from the archaeological section (right) and ends in the contemporary section. A feature of the museum's building is the use of Iranian architectural elements in its design, which is more visible in the middle space. The dome roof and the presence of four illuminators on the four sides under the dome are all reminiscent of a building with original Persian architecture.
Historical identity of the museum is written on two tile labels in an azure background, one of them is a golden Nastaliqinscription on the entrance that states"The National Museum of Kashan Founded in Nineteen Sixty Seven" and the other is an inscription on the Nastaliq line, in front and outside the entrance door, thatstates the history of the construction of the museum in it.
Part of the objects of the museum is donated by artists and enthusiasts of the Kashan region, and another part is provided by the national museums of Iran and decorative arts of Tehran.
According to the existing objects, the museum is classified into four sections: archeology, book and manuscripts, textiles, and contemporary.
1- Archaeological section:
A - Prehistoric and Historical
In this section discoveries of the ancient hills of Silk in Kashan during excavations by Professor Grishman and plan revision of Dr. SadeghShahmirzadi, as well as some pottery and metal artifacts from the hills of Ismail Abad, Khurvin Qazvin, Lorestan and Khuzestan plain are displayed.
B. Islamic era
In this section, simple and colorful glazed pottery of Kashan and Gorgan, works of stone,fine glass jars,golden and blue glazed tiles, and metal works of the Ilkhanate and Safavid dynasties are displayed.
2- Textile section:
During the Safavid and Qajar periods Kashan was considered as one of the important centers of textile industry in Iran. Velvet and Zari were among the textiles exported from Kashan. In this section, examples of old and new velvetand Zari cloths are displayed.
3- Book and Manuscripts section:
In this section, manuscripts and sculptures from different periods in different script lines are displayed, such as three volumes of the Koran in Kufic script, and two volumes in the sixty-fourmo and octavo size with a very beautiful script, and several samples of the commands of the Qajar kings.
4. Contemporary section:
Works in this section include the glazed pot, painted with images of mythical stories, mosaic tiles and latticework, Khatam (inlay work)ofSani-ol-Khatam and several other artists, most of which are donated by artists.
By : All Rights Reserved By Kashan
Source : All Rights Reserved By Kashan CHT
All Rights Reserved By Kashan CHT